Welcome to Citizens State Bank!
At Citizens State Bank, we are committed to being your full service, independent, locally-owned community bank. Our customers rely on our expertise, professional staff and diverse products and services, many of which can be customized to suit your specific needs. All business decisions are made locally by people who live and work where you do. Above all, we listen to your needs and go the extra step to provide you with complete satisfaction.
For more than 130 years Citizens State Bank has remained confident, courteous and close by.
Citizens State Bank reports no vulnerabilities
to Heartbleed bug
In light of the widespread media reports concerning the much-publicized Heartbleed bug affecting the Internet, Citizens State Bank has contacted Internet Service Providers, website managers and other entities involved with our online resources. We are pleased to report to our customers that our Internet assets – including our website and NetTeller online banking – have been unaffected by the Heartbleed bug. Customers can safely view and manage their checking, savings and credit card accounts, utilize our Internet Banking and Online Bill Pay services, and order checks.
That said, our review has revealed the widespread nature of this particular Internet bug, and that it may have repercussions extending far beyond the online resources that Citizens State Bank is responsible for. As such, we encourage all of our customers to review their own personal Internet accounts to determine if they need to take appropriate action. This includes reviewing websites that you use to send and receive personal and/or business emails, as those sites may contain sensitive personal information and may still be vulnerable.
If you suspect that a particular website that you frequently use may still be vulnerable, we recommend taking the following steps to ensure your online security:
- Change your password. This is especially important if you utilize a single password for more than one website.
- Monitor your accounts for unauthorized activity. If you suspect that an online account has been accessed without your permission, contact the customer service representatives associated with that particular website at once. They can help determine if any unauthorized access took place and can recommend what actions you need to take.
- Update your Internet browsers. Older browser software may lack crucial security updates that are issued for newer versions of browsers. You can perform a search online for the website associated with your browser, then visit that site to determine if the browser you’re using is up-to-date; if it’s not, then you should be able to download a newer version from that website.
- Practice common sense. Do not share sensitive information such as passwords with unknown individuals, and ignore and immediately delete emails from unknown entities. Also, if you receive a suspicious-looking email from someone you know, don’t open it; instead, email that person directly and ask them if they sent the suspicious email to you. It’s possible that their email account has been compromised and is being used to disseminate spam emails or, worse, emails containing a virus.
- Utilize industry-leading fraud security products. These include software that are designed to detect and remove viruses from devices used to access the Internet.
Introducing our newest location... banking right in the palm of your hand.
With our new Mobile Banking apps, you can bank anywhere you can get an Internet connection.
To Download your Mobile Banking
app for Android™.
Scan this code using the QR code scanner on your phone to download the CSB Mobile Banking app to your Android™ phone now.
Or use your Google Play Store app from your device’s app launcher. Search
for “Citizens State
Bank IL” and click “Install”.
To Download your Mobile Banking
app for iPhone®.
Scan this code using the QR code scanner on your phone to download the CSB Mobile Banking app to your iPhone® now.
Or click on your Apple Store app, search for “Citizens State Bank
IL” and click “Install”.
As a helpful service, Citizens State Bank would like to remind you to never share personal account information with anyone requesting it over the phone or in an email. Citizens State Bank will NEVER ask for personal account information in this manner. We recently received an alert that customers at another community bank reported receiving automated phone calls with a recording claiming that the call was coming from their bank. The recording then instructed the customers to provide their private account information. Customers who did so later discovered that unauthorized attempts had been made to access the funds in their accounts. Regardless of whether the party on the other end is a recording or a live person, please do not fall victim to this scam. When in doubt, hang up and immediately call the bank to report any information solicitations.
The FDIC has issued warnings of scams involving emails and pop-ups, as well as text messages asking for account numbers, passwords, etc. NEITHER CITIZENS STATE BANK NOR THE FDIC WILL EVER ASK YOU FOR ACCOUNT INFORMATION EITHER ONLINE, E-MAIL, OR TEXT MESSAGING. If you receive any such requests asking for account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, or passwords, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND!
**For an optimal viewing experience, please download the latest version of your browser: