Why do so many farmers choose Citizens State Bank?
Experience and Knowledge
- Citizens State Bank is the largest agricultural lending bank in Northwest Illinois.
- Our staff has over 140 years of experience in assisting local farmers with their financing needs.
- Meet our Agricultural lenders.
Locally Owned and Operated
We are truly a community bank. Our loan approvals are made by the people who live right here in the community. Generations of local farmers have trusted us because they know we are an independent bank with the ability to make quick in-house decisions when timing is an issue.
Flexible Lending Solutions
We realize that farmers face the challenges of adapting to new, different and changing conditions. Because we take the time to know our farmers’ needs, we are able to adapt with them and consistently provide solutions to problems that arise.
Meet the Ag Department
Executive Vice-President/Sr. Lending Officer
Lena – (815) 369-4524
NMLS ID #: 757519 Bio...
Assistant Vice-President, Ag/Consumer Lending Officer
Lena – (815) 369-4524
NMLS ID #: 757618 Bio...
Brock Musser Brock has extensive personal experience with agriculture, having grown up on a livestock operation with his family in Pearl City. Brock is also currently a member of the Stephenson County Farm Bureau Young Leaders, Pearl City Lions, Career Development Division of the Community Bankers Association of Illinois, and serves as the Stephenson County Ag Breakfast Treasurer. Brock has long been involved with local sports, 4-H, and Future Farmers of America organizations. Brock specializes on commercial, ag, and consumer lending.
Ag/Consumer Lending Officer
Stockton – (815) 947-3366
NMLS ID #: 1201247 Bio...
Brock has extensive personal experience with agriculture, having grown up on a livestock operation with his family in Pearl City. Brock is also currently a member of the Stephenson County Farm Bureau Young Leaders, Pearl City Lions, Career Development Division of the Community Bankers Association of Illinois, and serves as the Stephenson County Ag Breakfast Treasurer. Brock has long been involved with local sports, 4-H, and Future Farmers of America organizations. Brock specializes on commercial, ag, and consumer lending.
Ag Lending Assistant
Lena – (815) 369-4524 Bio...
Citizens State Bank is the largest Agricultural lender in Northwest Illinois. Generations of local farmers have trusted us because of our experience and knowledge of the farming industry. We specialize in providing local farmers with the financing they need through:
- Annual Operating Production Loans
- Illinois Link Deposit Program Loans
- Machinery & Equipment Loans
- Real Estate Loans
- Illinois Finance Authority Program Loans
- Livestock Purchase Loans
- Farmer Mac Fixed Rate Loans
Customized Account Management
Not all farms are created equal. Thankfully, neither are all banks. Do you wish your current bank would take the time to work with you in providing creative solutions to unique problems. WE WILL.
At Citizens State Bank, we encourage every farmer to invest in crop insurance – and we make it easy to do so. We will recommend the proper MPCI and Hail Insurance that will provide you with peace of mind and guarantee you and your family a minimum level of income. Additionally, we’ll provide the insight that comes with extensive experience in the ag industry coupled with our complete array of products and services tailored for ag customers, all under one convenient roof.
Farm Leasing Program
CSB’s With the diminishing tax consequences leasing is becoming more of a financial product than ever before. No longer will a decision on whether or not to lease be based solely on what tax benefits will arise – rather, it will be a business decision. Equipment leasing has been on the rise for the last several years, and with the new tax laws it continues to lead the charge.
Non-Tax reasons to Lease:
• Leasing Conserves Cash Instead of tying up cash in equity, leasing allows you to retain that capital and deep lines of credit open. Leasing can also offer an off-balance sheet form of financing.
• Rates Are Fixed You will not have to worry about fluctuating rates. Lease rates are fixed for the term of the lease.
• Leasing Is Cost Effective With the high cost of equipment and the unexpected costs that arise when you own equipment, lease safeguards against owning equipment that may become obsolete. Upgrading equipment when technology advances plays a major role in leasing. Leasing allow you to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
• Leasing Is Practical The uncertainties and the risks of equipment ownership can be transferred to the lessor when you lease.
• Lease Flexibility No two companies are the same. They all have different cash flow patterns and different income streams. Every farmer wants to keep credit lines free and avoid owning obsolete equipment. Leasing terms can be determined taking this into consideration and allow for more efficient equipment management.
It allows farmers larger tax deductions on:
• New & Used Machinery
• Buildings & Structures
• Livestock Equipment
• Grain Handling Equipment